WhatsApp API Pricing India- All you need to knowCase Studies Conversational Leadership
Apurva SharmaPublished on 23 Feb 2023 11 min Read
WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging platforms in the world, with over 2 billion active users in more than 180 countries. In India, WhatsApp is used by more than 400 million people, making it the largest market for messaging platforms. WhatsApp has become an essential tool for businesses to connect with customers, and the platform’s API (Application Programming Interface) offers businesses a way to integrate WhatsApp messaging into their existing business processes. In this blog post, we will discuss WhatsApp API pricing in India and the factors that businesses should consider when choosing a WhatsApp API provider.
Overview of WhatsApp API
WhatsApp API is a platform that allows businesses to communicate with customers on WhatsApp. The API offers several features that enable businesses to send and receive messages, manage customer interactions, and automate workflows. With the WhatsApp API, businesses can send notifications, provide support, and conduct transactions on the platform.
WhatsApp API Pricing in India
WhatsApp offers two pricing plans for its API: a pay-as-you-go plan and a pre-paid plan. The pay-as-you-go plan charges businesses based on the number of messages they send. The pre-paid plan charges a fixed amount upfront, and businesses can send messages until the prepaid balance runs out. The pricing for both plans is based on the country and the type of message being sent. The cost of sending a WhatsApp message varies depending on the message type and destination.
In India, the pricing for WhatsApp API is as follows:
- Pre-paid plan: The pre-paid plan for India charges a fixed fee of INR 1,500 per month. This plan includes 1,000 session messages, 500 template messages, and a messaging rate of INR 0.50 per message for additional messages.
- Pay-as-you-go plan: The pay-as-you-go plan charges businesses based on the number of messages they send. The cost per message for session messages and template messages varies depending on the destination country. For India, the cost per session message is INR 1.50, and the cost per template message is INR 0.50.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a WhatsApp API Provider
When choosing a WhatsApp API provider, businesses should consider several factors to ensure they are getting the best value for their money. Here are some key factors to consider:
- Pricing: As we have discussed, WhatsApp API pricing varies depending on the message type and destination. Businesses should compare pricing across different providers to ensure they are getting a fair deal. Additionally, businesses should consider the volume of messages they expect to send and choose a provider that offers a pricing plan that aligns with their needs.
- Integration with Existing Systems: A WhatsApp API provider should offer integration with the business’s existing systems, such as CRM software, marketing automation tools, and other business applications. This ensures that the business can easily incorporate WhatsApp messaging into its existing workflows.
- Security and Compliance: WhatsApp is a secure messaging platform, and businesses should choose a provider that adheres to WhatsApp’s security and compliance standards. This includes end-to-end encryption, data protection, and compliance with local data privacy laws.
- Technical Support: Businesses should choose a WhatsApp API provider that offers robust technical support, including documentation, FAQs, and responsive customer service. This ensures that the business can quickly resolve any issues that arise and ensure their messaging campaigns run smoothly.
- Additional Features: Some WhatsApp API providers offer additional features such as chatbots, analytics, and automation tools. Businesses should consider these features when choosing a provider to ensure they can maximize the value of their WhatsApp messaging campaigns.
WhatsApp Business API Cost
The cost of using the WhatsApp Business API can vary depending on several factors such as the volume of messages, geographic location, and the type of message sent.
WhatsApp Business API charges businesses based on the number of messages sent, as well as the country where the messages are sent. In general, the cost per message can range from a few cents to a few dollars.
Additionally, there may be additional costs associated with the integration and maintenance of the WhatsApp Business API, such as hiring a developer or using a third-party service provider. These costs can vary depending on the complexity of the integration and the level of support required.
It’s important to note that WhatsApp does not charge businesses for the WhatsApp Business app, which is a separate product that is designed for small businesses. However, the WhatsApp Business app has some limitations compared to the WhatsApp Business API, such as the inability to automate messages or integrate with other systems.
If you’re interested in using the WhatsApp Business API, it’s best to contact a WhatsApp Business solution provider for more information about pricing and other details.
The cost of using WhatsApp Business API varies depending on the provider you choose and your specific needs. Here is a general breakdown of the costs:
- Monthly costs: Some providers may charge a monthly fee for using their services. The cost can range from a few dollars to a few hundred dollars per month, depending on the provider and the level of service you require.
- Set-up costs: Some providers may charge a set-up fee to get your WhatsApp Business API account up and running. This fee can also vary depending on the provider and the level of service you require.
- Costs per message: You will also be charged for each message you send through the WhatsApp Business API. The cost per message can vary depending on the country you are sending messages to and the volume of messages you are sending.
It’s important to note that WhatsApp Business API is intended for enterprise-level businesses, and costs may be higher compared to using WhatsApp for personal use or the WhatsApp Business App. Additionally, you will need to work with a WhatsApp Business solution provider to use the API, and their pricing may vary.
WhatsApp Business API Conversations
There are two types of WhatsApp API conversations: Session messages and Message Templates.
- Session messages: These are messages sent during an active 24-hour session between the business and the customer. The 24-hour session begins when the customer sends a message to the business, and during this time, the business can send unlimited session messages to the customer. Session messages are charged per message and the price varies depending on the country of the recipient.
- Message Templates: These are pre-approved message templates that can be used to send notifications or messages to customers outside of the 24-hour session window. These messages must follow WhatsApp’s guidelines and be pre-approved by WhatsApp before they can be sent. Message templates are charged per message and the price also varies depending on the country of the recipient.
The pricing for both types of conversations can vary depending on the provider you choose and the volume of messages you send. It’s important to work with a WhatsApp Business solution provider to understand the costs and to ensure that your messages are compliant with WhatsApp’s policies.
WhatsApp API conversations can be initiated by either the user or the business. Here’s a breakdown of each:
- User-initiated conversations: These conversations are initiated by the user when they first message the business on WhatsApp. Once the user sends a message, a 24-hour window begins during which the business can send unlimited session messages to the user without being charged. If the business doesn’t respond within the 24-hour window, or if the user doesn’t reply to the business’s messages within the 24-hour window, the session will end.
- Business-initiated conversations: These conversations are initiated by the business outside of the 24-hour window. To initiate a conversation, the business must use a pre-approved message template that follows WhatsApp’s guidelines. These templates can be used to send notifications, reminders, and other types of messages to the user. Each message sent using a message template will be charged to the business.
It’s important to note that WhatsApp has strict guidelines for both user-initiated and business-initiated conversations, and businesses must ensure that their messages comply with these guidelines to avoid being blocked or banned from the platform.
Conversational-Based Pricing Model in WhatsApp Business API
Conversational based pricing model is a type of WhatsApp API pricing model that charges based on the number of conversations or interactions between the business and the customer.
Under this model, businesses are charged based on the number of unique conversations or interactions they have with customers in a given month.
For example, if a business has 1,000 unique conversations with customers in a month, they would be charged based on that number, regardless of the number of messages sent or received within those conversations.
This model is designed to be more flexible for businesses that may have varying levels of engagement with their customers. Instead of paying for every message sent or received, businesses can pay for the actual conversations they have with their customers.
However, it’s important to note that not all WhatsApp Business solution providers offer a conversational-based pricing model, and the cost per conversation can vary depending on the provider and the level of service required. Additionally, businesses must ensure that they are following WhatsApp’s guidelines and policies for messaging to avoid being blocked or banned from the platform.
Rate Cards of WhatsApp Business API Pricing
WhatsApp Business API rate cards can vary depending on the provider and the specific services you require. Here is a general overview of the types of costs you may incur:
- Monthly subscription fee: Some providers may charge a monthly subscription fee for using their WhatsApp Business API services. This fee can range from a few dollars to several hundred dollars per month, depending on the provider and the level of service you require.
- Message fee: Each message sent or received using the WhatsApp Business API is charged. The cost per message can vary depending on the country you are sending messages to and the volume of messages you are sending. Message fees can range from a few cents to several cents per message.
- Set-up fee: Some providers may charge a set-up fee to get your WhatsApp Business API account up and running. This fee can also vary depending on the provider and the level of service you require.
- Conversational pricing: Some providers offer a conversational pricing model, which charges based on the number of unique conversations or interactions you have with customers in a given month. This pricing model can be more flexible for businesses that have varying levels of engagement with their customers.
- Custom pricing: Some WhatsApp Business solution providers may offer custom pricing based on the specific needs of your business. This can include additional services such as chatbot development, integration with other systems, and more.
It’s important to note that WhatsApp Business API is intended for enterprise-level businesses, and costs may be higher compared to using WhatsApp for personal use or the WhatsApp Business App. Additionally, the pricing for WhatsApp Business API can be complex, and it’s important to work with a WhatsApp Business solution provider to understand the costs and ensure that your messages are compliant with WhatsApp’s policies.
Choose a provider that meets your business needs
WhatsApp API pricing in India varies depending on the message type and destination. Businesses should carefully evaluate their needs and compare pricing across different providers to ensure they are getting the best value for their money.
Also Read: New Template Categories and Pricing Updates by Meta
If you’re looking for an all-in-one solution, sign up for DashCX. DashCX’s pricing plans are divided into four categories: Kickstart, Velocity, Acceleration, and Scale. You can also get your plan customized according to your business needs.
DashCX has become the first free CRM built on WhatsApp Business API. With us, you’ll get:
- A team inbox to manage the entire team on one platform
- The ability to collaborate on customer queries with a Shared team Inbox
- A wide range of automation options (quick replies, auto-replies, rules, and no-code bots)
- Send automated updates such as flight status, order confirmations, payment requests, and more
- Detailed statistics on your team’s performance (response times, number of conversations, resolution time, etc.)
Make your WhatsApp conversations faster, automatic, and more effective with your team.
How to Create an Effective Lead Generation Campaign on WhatsApp
What are the best WhatsApp Business API Providers? Find Out Now!
How Stock broker companies use WhatsApp API to give insights into the portfolio to their ‘Customers’
Impact of Automation in WhatsApp API Across Industries: A Closer Look
How can the manufacturing sector leverage automation in WhatsApp Business API to help achieve their business goals
What Are the Benefits of Using WhatsApp Business API Human Chat for Handling Sensitive Data?
Is WhatsApp Automation the Future of the Automotive Industry?
Utilizing the Power of WhatsApp Automation for HR Processes